Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Abraham Lincoln

A friend of mine sent me this quote:

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~Abraham Lincoln

I want to be a mom that leaves a legacy in my children. What does this legacy look like to me? For me, it is that truth matters, that prayer works, and that there is POWER in HIS word! I want them to know that they don't have to be the most popular to be admirable to God. I want them to see my heart and yearn to live life out for HIM. I want them to see a woman that DIVES into the word, I want them to see me yearning for more, fervently turning the pages, finding God in every crevice of His words. I want them to "carry" my prayer life. Chip will tell you; I pray through everything, and I talk with Him, even when I am not happy, when I need Him, I cry out to my sweet Jesus, I discuss things daily with Him. I want them to see this, and not be afraid to pray, ask, and seek HIM daily. I want to be a good example of a wife and mother. I want my words and actions to be most of all edifying to God, but importantly an example of how they should live.

So what do I need to work on? Everything we do and say is a model to our children. This can be a daunting task, full of pressure? I am praying that God will use me and equip me with the ability to raise my children as He would. I lift my hands in an offering to Him to lead my children!

No comments: