Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yard Sale!

Let me start by saying this yard sale is about three weeks overdue....
Every time I was supposed to have it, something happened...and then last weekend it rained the majority of it, and NOW, this weekend it is supposed to rain too.....what am I going to do? I am tired of having this stuff in our house. I feel like I have gone through some things and decided to really purge...so of course I don't want it sitting her very much longer because I don't want to renig on my goal of letting go-that includes memories, the idea that maybe we will have another child and what will they wear (silly I know!). So what am I going to do? I am going to have the yard sale! My good friend, is letting me borrow her tent, and I am going to be proactive in setting that up and putting tables out under it! So I don't have to worry about those "occasional rain showers"! If you think about it, pray for nice weather, I'm not asking for a heatwave, although it would be nice, but just for the rain to subside for two days!!!!
So, what am I doing tonight? I am pricing every last thing, fingers crossed, hopefully! Since Chip is at work so late, after I put the kids to bed, I am going to pop in an old movie that I love to watch, Serendipity, and price away-until my fingers bleed!
So, what is in the sale? Kids clothes-all seasons boys and girls...baby toys, a bassinet (Brooklynn slept in this for about 3 months!), boppy pillows, adult clothes, maternity clothes, shoes, crib, sheets, movies, books, kitchenware, rocking horse, stuffed animals, furniture, scrapbook and stampin' up things, etc!
I am also trying to convince my husband that it is about time that we get rid of my skis, because I haven't skied since Brooklynn was a baby, and umm, it's not like I really have the time or to mention the body to do it anymore, so the logical thing in my mind would be to sell it, right, right! His reasoning is that we will go more often when the kids are older, and why have to rent or buy more then....I get his point but how long do you actually store things before you learn to let go?! You would think I was asking him to get rid of his skis...and I'm not, because I know he LOVES to ski...we just haven't had the time to go in forever (or the money!)
I know that they, and by they meaning the professionals, say to purge things you have not used in three years, and to carefully consider the things that weren't used in the last two...was it at the back of your closet, or in a box, or are you not rolling out your dough anymore, things like that! If it is something you like then give it one more year, if it wasn't used that season, then toss it, sell it, or donate it!
So in an attempt to de-clutter my life and enjoy a clean house a little more, I CAN'T wait to have this yard sale, and I can't wait for it to be Saturday! :) It is funny how much work is going into getting this sale all ready...Chip doesn't enjoy all the stress...he says I worry too much about it. I just want a good turn out and great weather! I am going to advertise in the local paper about it, and I am also going to put it on Craig's List...
One thing that Chip warns me, or puts the disclaimer on, is everything that goes out stays out! I am really bad about that, I guess I have in the past just figured that I could always save it for another yard sale or for someone if they needed baby clothes or maternity clothes.....which has actually helped out a few people in a pinch lately! So I think, in all my craziness I will only pick out a few items that I didn't really want to sell on Saturday afternoon, and then take the rest to donation places around! I'll let you know how well that goes over, maybe I'll keep myself accountable by posting it!
So if you aren't doing anything and want to come for a while on Friday or Saturday....maybe you can find a deal! I am anxious to let go~ Brooklynn keeps asking me if we can make the sale a party...she wants to make cookies and lemonade, balloons, etc! I don't think I am up for the balloons, etc, although she did lemonade at the last sale and made a killing- she bought herself a toy! But cookies, that is work for me....oh well maybe we will make Peanut Butter Cookies and Chocolate Chip Cookies on Thursday night.....we will see how ambitious I am!

Well I better sign off...I have laundry calling my name, dinner for the kids, and a toddler bed to assemble before bed time~ If I get really over zealous tonight I will take a picture of my progress, and of course of Andrew's new bed... and we will see how many times he gets out of bed tonight! :) Have a great night!!! Blessings~

No comments: