Friday, March 23, 2012

Today's Run

Today I have to admit, I actually enjoyed my run~ Yes, be shocked this non-runner just confessed that she actually wait for it, enjoyed her run today?!

I did 5 miles and the temperature was PERFECT!! It sprinkled a little while I ran, which wasn't as bad as I had envisioned it being. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that we are having summer type weather in March. But let me tell you something, try running outside in the heat, my last run outside left something to be desired. I finished my run slower than normal and completely drenched in sweat, not just my face, etc., but my arms and legs too.....seriously shouldn't that be at least 5 lbs. off instantly just from sweating that much?! Anyway, my time wasn't that bad today my average mile pace was 12min. I will take that, I carried my water bottle and I could breathe!!! My legs are rather tight, but I stopped about half into my run and stretched. It was fun to see other people out running. Running outside today required me to set my pace and not depend on the treadmill to set it for me. I would like to run faster, and normally can on the treadmill, but I will take that 12 today as a success, especially with taking two weeks off due to pneumonia!
I am praying that my run tomorrow will go just as well, 9 miles!!! This will be my first time attempting 9 miles! I know I can do it, I am sure my legs are strong enough to push through....I am however praying that my lungs can handle it! I am also planning on doing my run outside tomorrow provided it isn't raining too hard.


Well, I just wanted to share how well today went! Thanks for lifting me up in prayer! It is actually pretty amazing being a non-runner being able to run/jog this many miles. All my praise goes to God for bringing me this far!



HEY! Check out Laura's Blog!!!
She just ran 10 MILES!!! Congrats Laura, I am so proud of you!
We will get there!! Let's continue to run for HAITI!!!

No comments: